Westfield Middle School Students of the Month for October announced
WESTFIELD — On a monthly basis, Westfield Middle School honors one student at each grade level as the Student of the Month. Teachers and staff had the opportunity to nominate one student who they believed met the following criteria:
1. Follows Westfield’s Rules of Respect for staff and peers
2. Shows outstanding effort and improvement or shows achievement and consistent high scores on tests, quizzes and projects
3. Prepared daily to participate in all classes
4. Serves as a positive role model for peers
5. Demonstrates a positive attitude and good citizenship
Three students were selected as a Student of the Month for the month of October.
In sixth grade, Kimberly Delcamp was selected as Student of the Month. Kimberly’s favorite classes are gym and band, where she plays trombone. As a hobby, she enjoys dance, and participates in dance with three of her closest friends. In the future, Kimberly hopes to attend law school and eventually become a judge.
At the seventh grade level, Makartnee Mortimer was named Student of the Month. She enjoys math and ELA the most because the likes her teachers in those classes. Makartnee is athletic and loves to run. Eventually, she would like to maintain her involvement in sports by pursuing a career in Physical Therapy or Sports Medicine.
Madeline Lancaster is the October Student of the Month for 8th grade. She really likes all of her classes for different reasons, and she loves playing golf outside of school. Madeline’s career goal is to attend college and medical school and become a Cardiology surgeon.