Two injured in cooking accident
Two people were hospitalized in a cooking accident Wednesday evening.
According to the Dunkirk Fire Department, firefighters were dispatched to a report of a kitchen fire at 47 W. Courtney St., Apt J-43 at 9:27 p.m.
Upon arrival, responders found two adults with burn injuries as a result of hot grease from a pan being spilled on them while attempting to remove the pan from the apartment.
The fire was confined and both patients were treated and transported to Brooks Memorial Hospital. One victim had severe burns and was transported to the Erie County Medical Center burn unit for treatment via Starflight.
Arrest made in 2016 Hartfield fires
HARTFIELD — A Westfield woman has been arrested for allegedly starting two fires.
On Oct. 16, the Hartfield Fire Department was called to a fire at 6375 Centralia-Hartfield Road. The Chautauqua County Fire Investigation Team was then called and a subsequent investigation started through the Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office.
The investigation determined that the defendant, Lacie Mockus, 41, was the sole person at her home when two separate fires occurred inside her house. Both fires were determined incendiary by nature.
Mockus, who now has a Westfield address, was charged with second-degree reckless endangerment for recklessly engaging in conduct that created a risk of serious physical injury to first responders and neighboring families.
On Thursday, deputies said she was issued an appearance ticket to appear in Chautauqua Town Court at a later date.
Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office
¯ ASHVILLE – A 17-year-old male was taken into custody Tuesday at about 1 p.m. at the BOCES Hewes Center in Ashville.
According to reports, the teen was being loud and disorderly, and refused directives from staff to settle down. He then used vulgar language and created a further disturbance, leading officials to call for the deputies.
He was charged with disorderly conduct and taken to Chautauqua County Jail in lieu of $100 cash/$200 property bail.