Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Extras | All Access e-Edition | Home RSS
 
 
 

More federal Sandy aid coming to NY, NYC

October 28, 2013
Associated Press

NEW YORK (AP) — A second round of federal Sandy recovery aid is coming to New York City and New York state.

Housing and Urban Development Secretary Shaun Donovan announced the funding on Monday.

Tuesday is the anniversary of the superstorm.

Donovan said New York state will be getting nearly $2.1 billion. New York City will get over $1.3 billion in Community Development Block Grants.

That's in addition to federal money that was allocated earlier this year.

Donovan was joined by Mayor Michael Bloomberg, Sen. Charles Schumer, and Reps. Nydia Velazquez and Jerrold Nadler.

Schumer said the first year after Sandy "was recovery. The second year is rebuilding."

The elected officials said the pace of money getting to those who needed it would be picking up.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web