Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Extras | All Access e-Edition | Home RSS
 
 
 

12 hurt in Bronx fire blamed on candles

October 28, 2013
Associated Press

NEW YORK (AP) — The Fire Department says a blaze caused by candles has torn through a house in the Bronx, injuring 12 people.

FDNY spokesman Brian Norton says the injured included a resident who jumped from a window.

He says all the injured were taken to Jacobi Medical Center. Two were listed as critical.

Norton says the fire started early Monday in the basement of 1126 Taylor Ave. in the Soundview section. He says it was caused by candles.

On Friday, a Bronx fire that killed three young brothers was also blamed on candles. Con Ed said electricity had been cut off to that residence for non-payment. The utility said there was no power cutoff before Monday's fire.

 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web