OBSERVER Staff Report
CASSADAGA - An auto repair business was heavily damaged in a fire Friday morning.
According to the Cassadaga Fire Department, KCR Enterprises, located at 17 Burnham Place, caught fire around 8 a.m.
OBSERVER Photo by Chip Riewaldt
KCR Enterprises in Cassadaga caught fire Friday morning.
Assistant Fire Chief Tim Cobb said there were no injuries. It appears the cause was accidental. "They were heating up a rusty bolt," he said.
Sparks flew from the bolt and somehow caught the building, which is a garage behind a house, on fire. Some of the siding on the house in front of the business melted.
By the time fire officials arrived, the building was fully engulfed in flames. Along with Cassadaga, the Stockton Fire Department assisted at the scene and the Lily Dale Fire Department assisted with water supply and was also on standby.
Fire officials were at the scene for around two hours.