Twenty years ago - 1992
An effort may be made to sell land at the Eagle Bay development site in the Town of Sheridan to the State Thruway Authority so it can develop it into an industrial park under its "Thruway 2000" project. A Thruway interchange has been proposed to serve the site. The site, originally purchased and still owned by Niagara Mohawk Power Corp. as an alternative site for its Lake Erie Generation Station, embraces 1,200 acres.
Thirty years ago - 1982
Tefft Glass Inc. is celebrating the grand opening of its Fredonia branch behind Pucci's Carpets and Furniture at 112 West Main St. The Tefft name has been associated with the glass business in Chautauqua County for 80 years. A branch was started at 62 King St. in Dunkirk in 1955. The biggest part of its business today is prompt auto glass replacement for insurance claims. Thomas and Laura Tefft are the current owners.
Forty years ago - 1972
Christine Somerfeldt, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Daniel Somerfeldt of Lake Road, Silver Creek is a recent graduate of Rochester Business Institute. She has accepted a position as medical transcriptionist at St. Mary's Hospital in Rochester.
Fifty years ago - 1962
The Family Diner, located at the eastern limits of Fredonia on Route 20, has been opened for business under the new ownership of William Collins of Arcade. The diner was purchased from Samuel Militello of Silver Creek.