St. Hedwig's Parish in Dunkirk was established in 1902 and one year later the parish Holy Rosary Society was founded. On Sunday, June 6, a 90th anniversary celebration took place. The goal of the society, which was organized for the women of the church, was to motivate devotion to the Blessed Mother. For many years, the minutes of each meeting were written in Polish. Dues were 10 cents per month and that rate remained until 1992, when they were increased to 25 cents per month.