Daniel Feather Memorial 5K takes place
Here are the results from the Daniel Feather Memorial 5K on Sept. 2:
1. Anthony Amroski, Cecil, PA, 17:08.0.
2. Bryce Baglia, Falconer, NY, 17:48.0.
3. Gavin Ingrao, Angola ,NY, 19:22.0.
4. Zachariah Nelson, Elkridge, MD, 19:24.0.
5. Adam Rowe, Ripley, NY, 19:31.0.
6. Alex Reynolds, Jamestown, NY, 19:46.0.
7. Brooke Adams, Randolph, NY, 20:00.0.
8. Gregory Brink, Jamestown, NY, 20:21.0.
9. John Gustafson, Jamestown, NY, 20:46.0.
10. Katie Zwald, Jamestown, NY, 20:57.0.
11. Colton Cappalino, Jamestown, NY, 21:08.0.
12. Karen Stangl, Lakewood, NY, 21:21.0.
13. Grant Vincent, Randolph, NY, 21:23.0.
14. Jay Oste, Jamestown, NY, 21:27.0.
15. Kathy Gustafson, Jamestown, NY, 21:33.0.
About Daniel Feather Memorial 5K
Daniel W. Feather had a lifelong interest in running which led him to the New York State and International Police Olympics, where he earned numerous gold and silver medals. For several years, he also participated successfully in area triathlons. Dan Feather received the Chautauqua County Gold Achievement Award for personal fitness, and was also selected as one of Jamestown Community College’s 50 Greatest Athletes. He was inducted posthumously into Chautauqua Sports Hall of Fame on February 18, 1993.
Daniel Feather became a Jamestown Police Officer on March 4, 1974, and served as such until his death on May 12, 1992. Dan suffered a brain aneurysm while riding his bike, training for an upcoming time trial.
Along with Ronald Graham, Daniel Feather co-founded Chautauqua Striders in 1979, and served as a volunteer coach for several years. Since its inception, Chautauqua Striders has grown tremendously. Last year, over 1,100 students were involved in various before and after school programs. These students took advantage of the following services provided by the organization: tutoring and mentoring programs; PSAT/SAT workshops; outreach assistance; athletic related activities; and participation in the USA Track & Field National Junior Olympics.
All proceeds from the race go to the Chautauqua Striders Track Club and to a college scholarship for a local track & field athlete in memory of Daniel Feather.