Westfield Middle School December Students of the Month
On a monthly basis, Westfield Middle School honors one student at each grade level as the Student of the Month. Teachers and staff had the opportunity to nominate one student who they believed met the following criteria:
1. Follows Westfield’s Rules of Respect for staff and peers
2. Shows outstanding effort and improvement or shows achievement and consistent high scores on tests, quizzes and projects
3. Prepared daily to participate in all classes
4. Serves as a positive role model for peers
5. Demonstrates a positive attitude and good citizenship
Three students were selected as a Student of the Month for the month of December:
For 6th grade, Tayvier Wells was selected. Tayvier enjoys physical education the most, because they play fun games. He also enjoys science because of the experiments and ELA because he likes to read. Tayvier is a basketball player, and after completing school, he hopes to start a successful business.
The Middle School Student of the Month for 7th grade was Addison Luce. Addison likes math, band, and ELA the most in school. She participates in swimming, and her future goals include getting a college scholarship and finding a career she loves.
Tanleigh Bestine was the 8th grade Student of the Month for December. Tanleigh’s favorite class is ELA because she likes to read and likes the teacher, Mrs. Putney. Tanleigh participates in volleyball, basketball, and softball, and loves being part of a team. In the future, she would like to attend a college program for sports management.