East Otto Historical Museum sets hours for September
EAST OTTO — The East Otto Historical Museum will be open Sundays during the month of September from 1 to 3 p.m. or by appointment calling (716) 257-0654.
Items in the museum tell the story of people and businesses that once were a part of East Otto. They include pictures of people and houses, small farm tools, in the kitchen, old obituary clippings, wooden voting booths, and much more.
The museum is housed in one of the oldest buildings in town, originally built in 1834 as a Baptist church east of town. Later it was moved to the Corners, which is now considered the center of town. A larger church replaced it and the town purchased and moved the building to its present location. It became the town’s first Town Hall.
In 1972, after the Town Hall relocated to its present location on East Otto Springville Road, the E.O. Historical Group was given permission to use it as a museum. Cattaraugus County Historian believes it could be the oldest building in Cattaraugus County.
The museum is located next to the Fire Hall in the center of town at 8982 Reed Hill Road, East Otto.