Brooks-TLC Hospital System announces update to visitation
In the ongoing effort to protect our patients, families, visitors and staff against the spread of COVID-19, and in accordance with the latest New York state Department of Health guidance, Brooks-TLC Hospital System will implement the following change to its visitation policy, effective immediately:
• Labor and Delivery Department — two support persons will be permitted throughout the labor process, delivery and post-partum period, including recovery, until discharge to home.
• Pediatric Surgery Services — two persons will be permitted for pediatric patients having a surgical procedure.
• Visitation in all other areas of the System remains the same, as follows:
• Inpatient Visitation — limited to 3 to 6 p.m., daily, for all non-COVID-19 patients. One designated person per day will be permitted in the non-COVID-19 rooms.
• Emergency Department — One designated person permitted. Visitors will not be allowed to wait in the waiting room. All visitors (patient and designee) will be screened at ER registration.
• Surgical Services — Adult patients having a surgical procedure my have one designated person for initial intake who may rejoin at discharge.
• End-of-life Visitation (all areas including COVID-19 patients) — Two designated persons will be permitted if deemed end-of-life by a provider and is anticipated within 24-hours. All visitors must remain in the patient room and wear a mask over the mouth and nose for the duration of their visit.
• Wound Care Center — one support person will be permitted for patients during the procedure and education process.
Brooks-TLC will continue to announce changes to visitation as updated guidance is issued from the New York State Department of Health.