Electrical fire destroys Dunkirk home
An electrical issue in a bathroom wall is being blamed for an early Saturday morning Dunkirk fire, according to the Chautauqua County Fire Investigation team.
City of Dunkirk Fire Department reported at 4:36 a.m., they were dispatched to 12 E. Green St. Upon arrival crews reported a working fire with heavy fire conditions in the rear of the house on the first floor extending to the second floor.
The main fire was quickly extinguished, however extensive overhaul was needed on both floors of the house to locate hidden fire.
Mutual aid was called for additional manpower from the town of East Dunkirk, Sheridan and Fredonia and Fire Departments. The house was unoccupied at the time and no injuries were reported.
Crews cleared the scene at 7:45 a.m. The building was a total loss.