×

Fire quickly doused

OBSERVER Photo by M.J. Stafford

The Dunkirk Fire Department responded to a report of fire and smoke coming from the basement of a home at 27 Leming St. at 12:08 p.m. Wednesday. Upon arrival crews made entry to the basement and discovered heavy fire and smoke conditions. The fire was quickly extinguished and contained to the basement. There were no residents home at the time of the fire and no injuries to firefighters. The cause of the blaze was determined to be accidental due to a dryer fire spreading to combustibles. The Red Cross is assisting the family. ALSTAR ambulance was on stand by at the scene and East Dunkirk Fire called to the scene as well.

Newsletter

Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)
Are you a paying subscriber to the newspaper? *
   

COMMENTS

Starting at $4.62/week.

Subscribe Today