×

Chautauqua County Jail nurses to get pay raise

The public health nurses that work at the Chautauqua County Jail are going to be getting a pay raise.

During the county legislature meeting, lawmakers approved a resolution that will increase the “grades” for licensed practical nurses, registered practical nurses, and registered nurse supervisors. These changes will increase their salaries, depending on the title and years of experience, from $1.57 an hour to $9.13 an hour.

In separate resolutions, lawmakers set the salaries of two new positions.

One position is for grant coordinator for Mental Hygiene and Social Services, including Office of the Aging. The position’s salary will be $27.67 to $36.35 an hour.

The other position is for senior grant coordinator for the same departments. This position’s salary will be $32.97 to $43.82 an hour.

The resolutions passed unanimously.

In other business:

– The legislature approved the agreement with various school districts for school resource officers. Each school will pay around $114,600 per position. The schools include Brocton, Frewsburg, Pine Valley, Silver Creek, Forestville, Panama, and Erie II BOCES for two positions. Officials with the Sheriff’s Office said last month that these are the same schools that currently have SROs.

– Kyle Crandall of Lakewood, Gregory Jones of Bemus Point, John Watkins of Jamestown and John Churchill of Ashville were all reappointed to the Airport Commission.

– Kenneth Dahlgren of Frewsburg was appointed to the county Board of Health.

– The legislature agreed to an 11-month lease of the Jamestown Airport Parking Lot to be used by the state Department of Motor Vehicles for the purpose of providing commercial driver license testing on a daily basis. The state DMV will pay the county $1,250 for the entire 11 months.

– The legislature accepted funds to replace the Kiantone Road County Bridge 994 over Stillwater Creek. The cost of the bridge replacement is estimated to be $375,000. The federal government will pay 95% of the cost and the county will be responsible for the remaining 5%.

– The legislature approved the distribution of mortgage tax revenue to the various towns, villages and cities in the county. The total amount that will be distributed is $866,209. The amounts range from $846 for the village of Sherman to $104,499 to the city of Jamestown.

– The legislature passed a motion proclaiming June 19 as Juneteenth in Chautauqua County.

Newsletter

Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)
Are you a paying subscriber to the newspaper? *
   

Starting at $2.99/week.

Subscribe Today