Southwestern tops Fredonia, Jamestown in cross country
The Southwestern boys and girls took care of business by handily winning their Chautauqua-Cattaraugus Athletic Association cross country contests at Jamestown’s Martin Road Complex.
The Trojans’ Lily Nelson led her race from start to finish to lead her team to victory with 19 points. Fredonia was second (46) and Jamestown was third (70).
Jamestown’s Drew Carlson broke the previous course record held by Randolph’s Ronan McDonald with a time of 16:53.3 to win the boys race, but the Trojans took first as a team with 23 points. The Red Raiders were second (41) and Fredonia was third (71).
1. Drew Carlson (J); 2. Ethan Luce (S); 3. Carter McKotch (S); 4. Colton Cappalino (J); 5. Trenton Shutters (J); 6. Brendan Luce (S); 7. Griffin Bogdanowicz (S); 8. Owen Ludwig (F); 9. Jaden Kinnear (S); 10. Lukas Svenson (S). T–16:53
1. Lily Nelson (S); 2. Gabrielle Wigren (S); 3. Grace Anderson (S); 4. Ashlynn Ambrose (F); 5. Julia LeBaron (F); 6. Emma Anderson (S); 7. Marley Ohl (S); 8. McKenna Miller (F); 9. Brooke Long (S); 10. Mary Rose Slater (S). T–22:26
HATCH, SMITH SHINE
FRANKLINVILLE — Cayden Hatch led the Franklinville/Ellicottville boys to victory and Sydney Smith led the Randolph girls to a win Tuesday.
Hatch finished in 18:10 to take first place as the Titans won with 25 points. Cattaraugus-Little Valley was second with 45 points and Randolph was third with 62 points.
Smith finished in 21:56 to lead the Cardinals to victory in the girls race with 27 points. Cattaraugus-Little Valley was second (45) and Franklinville/Ellicottville was third (48).
1. Cayden Hatch (F/E); 2. Talon Rowland (R); 3. Tavi Riling (F/E); 4. Michael Stewart (F/E); 5. John Visnesky (C-LV); 6. Josh Halterman (C-LV); 7. Geoffrie Eisensmith (C-LV); 8. John Tinelli (F/E); 9. A.J. Shortz (F/E); 10. Connor Terwilliger (F/E). T–18:10
1. Sydney Smith (R); 2. Emma Pocabello (C-LV); 3. Tarryn Herman (F/E); 4. Gracyn Rowland (R); 5. Lucy VanRensselaer (R); 6. Aaliyah Small (C-LV); 7. Margaret McAuley (F/E); 8. Lily McDonald (R); 9. Sierra Smith (R); 10. Riley Moffatt (F/E). T–21:56
OLEAN — Allegany-Limestone dominated the boys and girls races during action against Olean and Gowanda.
Ryan Wisniewski took first in the boys race with a time of 16:20 as the Gators won with 15 points. Gowanda had 50 points and Olean was incomplete.
In the girls race, the Gators’ Angelina Napoleon led the way with a time of 18:46 as her team finished with 16 points. Gowanda had 45 and Olean was incomplete.
1. Ryan Wisniewski (A-L); 2. Jacob Brink (A-L); 3. Daniel Casey (A-L); 4. Alex Redeye (A-L); 5. Kohl Carpenter (A-L); 6. Donald Higgs (A-L); 7. Jack DeRose (O); 8. Zack Krenzel (A-L); 9. Matthew Volz (A-L); 10. Kevin Voegelin (A-L). T–16:20
1. Angelina Napoleon (A-L); 2. Ashlyn Collins (A-L); 3. Maddie Straub (A-L); 4. Nya Martinelli (O); 5. Lindsey Kolb (A-L); 6. Sara Thomas (O); 7. Kayla Forthman (G); 8. Kinsey McAfee (A-L); 9. Lilianna Peters (A-L); 10. Autumn Pupo (G). T–18:46
WOLFPACK WINS TWO
FALCONER — Host Falconer/Cassadaga Valley finished with 19 points to beat Clymer/Sherman/Panama (40) and Dunkirk (85) in a three-way boys cross country meet at Breezewood Links on Tuesday.
Joe Pillittieri led the winners with a time of 17:42, just ahead of C/S/P’s John Swabik (17:56).
Falconer/Cassadaga Valley also claimed the girls race with 20 points, ahead of C/S/P’s 35.
Marie Lemay led the winners with a time of 21:32, while Taydon Persons finished fourth for the Wolfpack in 23:06.
1. Joey Pillittieri (F/CV); 2. John Swabik (C/S/P); 3. Joe Krenzer (F/CV); 4. Devin Austin (F/CV); 5. John Brockelbank (F/CV); 6. Wyatt Harrington (F/CV); 7. Owen White (C/S/P); 8. Alex Hudson (F/CV); 9. Bryce Hinsdale (C/S/P); 10. Gerald Carris (C/S/P). T–17:42
1. Marie Lemay (F/CV); 2. Tabitha Clark (F/CV); 3. Mikayla LeBaron (F/CV); 4. Taydon Persons (C/S/P); 5. Leighanne Swan (C/S/P); 6. Rachael Birath (F/CV); 7. Haley Odell (C/S/P); 8. Siera Porpiglia (D); 9. Sarah Elder (F/CV);10. Evangeline Johnson (C/S/P). T–21:32
MAPLE GROVE GIRLS, FREWSBURG BOYS WIN
BEMUS POINT — Maple Grove picked up a girls cross country victory at Bemus Point Golf Club and Tap House finishing with 16 points, ahead of Silver Creek/Forestville (43) and Frewsburg.
Christina Peppy led the way in 20:10, ahead of teammates Ava Crist and Abby Brunenavs.
Acacia Barber led Frewsburg with a fourth-place finish 21:51.
Frewsburg claimed the boys race with 27 points, ahead of the Red Dragons (31) and Silver Creek/Forestville (62).
Lukas Baer led the way for the hosts in 17:13, while Toby Gifford took third for Frewsburg in 18:47.
“Almost every one of my athletes ran a better time the second race (at Bemus Point), which means they are moving in the right direction and getting in better shape,” Maple Grove coach Steve Matteson said. “Lukas Baer ran a very strong race out in the lead by himself the whole race and his teammate Alex Crist ran very mentally strong coming from behind in the last mile to take second place overall as well. Christina Peppy had her strongest performance of the year so far.”
1. Lukas Baer (MG); 2. Alex Crist (MG); 3. Toby Gifford (F); 4. Noah Collins (F); 5. Micah Barber (F); 6. Declan Gibbons (F); 7. Sean Verbosky (MG); 8. Gabe Rhodes (SC/F); 9. Xander Pitts (F); 10. Caleb Barton (MG). T–17:13.
1. Christina Peppy (MG); 2. Ava Crist (MG); 3. Abby Brunenavs (MG); 4. Acacia Barber (F); 5. Tori Pavlock (MG); 6. Juliana Flick (SC/F); 7. Alilson Bohall (MG); 8. Teghan Trocki (F); 9. Hannah Tarbrake (MG); 10. Emma Romanik (SC/F). T–20:10