JAMESTOWN POLICE DEPARTMENT
– A pair of Dunkirk residents are facing drug charges after a traffic stop early Sunday.
After midnight, officers conducted a traffic stop at Fairmount and Lakin avenues. During the course of the investigation it was determined that Preston M. Lawrence Jr., 29, was in possession of a quantity of packaging material, a digital scale and US Currency that is consistent with the sale of narcotics.
A search of Lawrence found that he had concealed 19.5 grams of fentanyl inside along with a quantity of crack cocaine. Jonathan Herdzik, 38, was also found to be in possession of a quantity of fentanyl.
Lawrence was charged with third- and seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, two counts of second-degree criminal use of drug paraphernalia and tampering with physical evidence.
Herdzik was charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and released on appearance ticket while Lawrence was held pending arraignment.
– Around 10 p.m. Saturday, officers responded to an address on the south side of the city for a domestic dispute.
Through an investigation it was determined that Patrick Smallman, 48, of Jamestown did apply pressure to the throat of a female victim and threw her against a couch. Smallman was taken into custody without incident and transported to the city jail. He is charged with one count of criminal obstruction of breathing or blood circulation. He was being held at the City Jail pending arraignment.
– Officers conducted a traffic stop at Fairmount and South Chicago avenues around 7 p.m. Friday. During the course of the investigation it was determined that Justin J. Ecklund, 30, of Frewsburg was in possession of a quantity of fentanyl.
Ecklund was charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance. Due to bail reform, He was released on an appearance ticket.
– At 1 a.m. Saturday, officers conducted a traffic stop at East Fifth and Spring streets. During the course of the investigation it was determined that Danielle D. Middaugh, 48, of Jamestown, was in possession of a quantity of methamphetamine. She was charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and released on an appearance ticket.
– Around 8:30 a.m. Sunday, the Jamestown Police Department was investigating a walk-in domestic incident where it was reported Martin A. Thiel, 62, of Jamestown was following a victim throughout the city. That was in direct violation of an active Jamestown City Court stay away order of protection.
Officers located Thiel on West Third Street operating a vehicle and allegedly crossing the yellow no passing line for a duration of time. After a traffic stop, it was determined Thiel was operating a motor vehicle in an intoxicated condition. He was charged with second-degree criminal contempt, driving while intoxicated and failure to keep right.
He was transported to Jamestown City Jail where he was held pending arraignment.
CATTARAUGUS COUNTY SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT
– PERSIA – A town resident is facing charges after a rollover accident on Route 353 on Friday. Deputies report Dana Gerace, 43, of 348 Palmer Road, was charged with driving while intoxicated after the 12:05 a.m. incident. Gerace was released with an appearance ticket.
– RANDOLPH – Deputies responded to 269 Main St. to take custody of Matthew A. Taylor, 39, of 1267 E. Second St., Jamestown. Taylor was wanted on a warrant by the city Police Department.