Four dogs perish in town of Dunkirk fire
Four dogs died in a fire late Saturday morning at 10789 South Roberts Road in the town of Dunkirk.
The Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Fire Investigation Team reports the fire was determined to have originated in an unoccupied bedroom due to an overloaded electrical strip in close proximity to combustible material.
Crews from East Town of Dunkirk, West Town of Dunkirk, Sheridan, city of Dunkirk and Fredonia responded to the blaze, which started around 11:15 a.m.
The Red Cross also responded to assist the family.