Ashville house fire ruled accidental

Photo by Eric Tichy This residence in the Sunshine Village Mobile Home Park caught fire Wednesday afternoon.

ASHVILLE — A fire that broke out at a residence Wednesday in Ashville was ruled accidental by the Chautauqua County Fire Investigation Team.

Firefighters were alerted to the blaze at Sunshine Village Mobile Home Park, located at 3393 Carpenter Pringle Road around 4:45 p.m. The homeowner, Ricardo Donato, was inside his residence when he was alerted by a neighbor to the fire in the attic area above the ceiling.

Donato was able to get out of his residence before Ashville firefighters arrived. He was taken to UPMC Chautauqua WCA by ambulance for chest pains but later released.

An investigation ruled the fire accidental due to a “malfunction” of an exterior light on the outside of the residence.

Crews from Chautauqua, Bemus Point and Ellery Center volunteer fire departments assisted Ashville Wednesday. The Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office also responded.

COMMENTS