Thirty years ago — 1991
Members of the Brocton Central School Class of 1931 had their 60th anniversary reunion — the first since graduation — at the Quality Inn Vineyard in Dunkirk. Six of the 21 graduates attended: Nona Green Sullivan, Marguerite Smith, Melvina Burton, Charles Wenborne, Carlo Nasca and George Erickson. Dinner was followed by a brief program patterned after a school day.
Forty years ago — 1981
Paul Keoppen of Florida, who donated the family homestead in Dunkirk for use as clubrooms for the Charles Tinley Memorial Chapter 142, Disabled American Veterans, was honored by the chapter with the presentation of a plaque. Cmdr. Daniel G. Mikula made the presentation along with Mrs. Beverly Busenlehner, immediate past commander.
Fifty years ago — 1971
Town of Dunkirk Supervisor Newell M. McCroskey has announced the issuance of a building permit to the Ralston Purina Co. of St. Louis for construction of the pet food facility at Checkerboard Park on Middle Road in the East Town of Dunkirk. The permit is the largest ever issued by the town since it began issuing permits over 10 years ago.